Management Services and Registration Services
"Single Point of Contact"
Our services, designed to provide value to the program, are efficient and flexible. Our years of experience in meeting and event management will ultimately save program planners time and money. Our conference staff includes a Certified Meeting Planner and five full-time professionals who will ensure that no detail will be overlooked.
Conference Management Services
Planning and budget
- Site Selection
- Active participation in logistics and budget development and control
- Develop communications network to maximize execution
- Broker facilities and services
- Identify, negotiate, and coordinate contracts for all facilities and services
- Advise on guarantees for services
- Determine areas of needed program support, revenue streams, and required registration fee per category
- Provide liaison support
- Assure quality control
- Provide on-site/way-finding system (conference signage)
- Review conference performance
- Inspect facility and service invoicing for accuracy
- Produce final program budget analysis
- Design a working copy of the registration form
- Design and activate on-line registration system
- Set up conference account with the University at Buffalo Foundation
- Electronic registrations and paper registrations will be delivered directly to the Special Events. We will collect, collate and enter registrations and fees directly into the System
- Deposit conference revenue into a designated conference account at the University at Buffalo Foundation. The system is capable of processing on-line credit card payment. The system will allow payment by mail for checks and purchase orders/money orders
- Provide e-mail confirmation letters to the participants at the time of registration
- Answer general participant telephone inquiries
- Design and provide acces to an administrative site for use by group to observe the entire registration process and accounting process from start to finish. The site will provide:
- Up to the minute registration counts and conference options
- Registrants' personal and institutional profiles
- Financial Management Reports and in depth accounting reports
- Payment Status
- Provide custom nametags, receipts and folders to the group. Stuff conference materials provided by the group into the folders. (Onsite programs, forms, evaluations, marketing materials, etc.) If required the Special Events can assist the meeeting planner with:
- Design and print on-site brochures/registration form
- Design and Print Evaluation Forms
- Develop Program Evaluation Survey
- Work with speakers to assure accurate audio visual requirements.
- Provide Speaker and conference management ribbons. Specialty ribbons can be ordered at the meeting planner's request.
- Provide staff to conduct on-site registration and welcome. We will:
- Distribute conference materials and nametags in a timely manner for the entire run of the conference. Hours of registration are to be determined by the meeting planner
- Conduct on-site "walk-up" registration and option changes and financial transaction during the conference when necessary
- Provide addendum to the roster available just prior to the start of the program for print and distribution at the conference
- Provide a final run of the final conference attendance and accounting reports, process post-program payment of designated invoice and refunds and complete and forward a detailed report of the entire registration process. Once we have reconciled expenses the Office will release any and all program funds to Meeting Planner
No matter the experience level of the meeting planner, program registration is one of the most burdensome tasks of conference management. Our professional registration staff can reduce and simplify the responsibilities of the meeting planner, which allows for greater focus on other program issues.
The Special Events charges an all-inclusive package rate for management and registration services. The fee depends on the complexity of the registration, size of the conference, number of hours of on-site registration services, and the location of the meeting.
For more information on the services offered by Conferences and Special Events call (716) 645-3705 ext. 224.